The redbrickresearch.com and other public websites (the "Websites") are owned and operated by Red Brick Research Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 12823861 whose registered office is at 7 Bell Yard, London, England, WC2A 2JR and is hereafter referred to as "Red Brick", “we” or “us”.
Use of the Websites and any Red Brick extranet sites to which you may be directed, membership of all panels set up and administered by Red Brick (the "Red Brick Panels") or participation in any other Red Brick research activities ("Red Brick Activities") is governed by these terms and conditions of use (the "Terms").
Should you not wish to accept these Terms, you must exit the Red Brick web pages immediately and cease participation in any Red Brick Panels or Red Brick Activities.
Red Brick reserves the right at any time and from time to time, to modify or amend these Terms or any part thereof. Your continued use of the Red Brick web pages or continued participation in the Red Brick Panels or the Red Brick Activities constitute an affirmative acknowledgement of any modification and your continued agreement to be bound by the modified Terms.
You hereby agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Red Brick, its successors and assignees and each of its respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damages, losses, claims (including reasonable legal fees) resulting in any way from your use of the Red Brick web pages (including the provision of User Content) or your participation in the Red Brick Activities or Red Brick Panels or resulting from any breach of this Agreement whether such breach is carried out by you or by any other person through your Panel Membership Profile or Red Brick Account.
Links included within the Red Brick web pages may let you leave the Red Brick web pages and enter into other website(s) ("Linked Site(s)"). The Linked Sites are not under the control of Red Brick and Red Brick is not responsibility and nor shall it be liable for the contents of any Linked Sites or any links contained in a linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. Red Brick is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. Red Brick is only providing these links to you as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Red Brick of the site or any association with their operators.
All pages and content within the Red Brick web pages, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, audio, video, photographs, software, inventions, surveys, logos or other materials (“Materials”) are the intellectual property of, or are authorised for use by, Red Brick and its licensors, business partners and affiliates, including all trade marks, service marks, copyrights, patents, database rights and trade secrets contained therein. The compilation, organisation and display of the content as well as all software and inventions used on and in connection with the Red Brick web pages are the exclusive property of Red Brick. Except as expressly permitted in these terms and conditions, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, create derivative works, republish, display, upload, post, transmit, distribute or use in any way content available on this site without the prior written consent of Red Brick.
To become a Member and to participate in a Red Brick Panel, you need to register with Red Brick and create a Panel Membership Profile. Details of the process, information captured and stored are provided at the point of invitation to register.
The registration process and associated forms may include permission-based registration forms hosted on third party websites.
You have to be 16 years or older to join any Red Brick Panel.
Panel members agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Red Brick Registration Process
- Maintain and promptly update your personal membership details including the Panel Membership Profile (defined below) so as to keep it true, accurate, current and complete; and
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by Red Brick whilst participating in a Red Brick Panel or Red Brick Activity.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Red Brick has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Red Brick has the right to suspend or terminate your current access to, use of, and/or participation in Red Brick Panels or Red Brick Activities. This is subject to your right to refuse to answer any Panels or Red Brick survey or information request.
Each Panel Membership login must only be accessed by an individual member, and may not be accessed by any other individual without the express permission and authorisation of Red Brick. You agree to notify Red Brick immediately you become aware of, or suspect any unauthorised use of your login information, Panel Membership Profile and/or Red Brick Account, or any other breach of security.
In the event of access to your Red Brick Account by another individual, Red Brick reserves the right to freeze the account until a resolution has been reached. Red Brick reserves the right to reclaim any incentive earned by access of the unauthorised user, for which the Member will have no recourse against Red Brick.
Members may accrue credits for their Red Brick Account ("Credit") in the prescribed manner detailed on the Red Brick web pages and Activity invitations.
Credit earned will be recorded in your Red Brick Account, however no Credit earned is ever available for redemption until the Member has reached the minimum fulfilment level notified to the Member when completing the respective Red Brick Registration Process.
Credit may not be transferred to other Red Brick Accounts nor pooled together in any manner and the sale or barter of Credit is strictly prohibited. Credit has no monetary value, and cannot be used for any purpose other than redeeming the designated reward.
Red Brick may from time to time adjust a Member's Red Brick Account upwards or downwards in response to errors which Members acknowledge may arise or suspected fraud, for which we have full authority.
Red Brick reserves the right to terminate any Red Brick Account that has been dormant for a period of 6 months or more. By ‘dormant’ we mean, where the Member has not participated in the relevant Red Brick Panel or related Red Brick Activity within the preceding 6 month period. Red Brick will attempt to contact the Member, via their nominated email address, if their Red Brick Account is at risk of termination through inactivity. In the absence of a satisfactory response, the Red Brick Account will be terminated, and any accrued Credit will be forfeited.
If you no longer wish to be a Member please contact Red Brick. Red Brick will then cease to contact you, subject to a 30 day administration period. You therefore acknowledge and agree that if you terminate your membership you may receive emails from Red Brick for a period of 30 days thereafter. In terminating membership, any accumulated Credit will be forfeited.
You agree that Red Brick, in its sole discretion, may terminate or suspend your Red Brick Membership, or participation in any Red Brick Activities or Red Brick Panels, or remove or discard any User Content, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use, or if Red Brick believed that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms.
You agree that any termination of your access to Red Brick Activities or Red Brick Panels under any provision of these Terms may be effected without notice, and acknowledge and agree that Red Brick may immediately deactivate your registration as a Member and/or bar access to Red Brick Activities and Red Brick Panels. Further, you agree that Red Brick shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Red Brick Activities or Red Brick Panels.
Red Brick reserves the right to terminate the Red Brick Panel, or Red Brick WebPages at any time. In such a case and unless specified otherwise, no Red Brick Account Credit will be redeemable by any members with the exception of those who have reached the minimum fulfilment level referred to above. Red Brick will endeavour to communicate to all Members the termination period, however Red Brick will not be liable for failure to notify any Member regardless of the reasons.
Red Brick may ask you to participate in Red Brick Activities which will enter you into a prize draw. Such draws will be governed by the terms and conditions specified below which may be superseded by any terms and conditions displayed for an individual prize draw.
- Red Brick administers prize draws across a range of territories, and the operational territory of each prize draw is made clear in the invitation to participate.
- Prize draws are open to all residents of the relevant operational territory over the age of 18 except employees of Red Brick Media Group Ltd, their families, their agents or anyone professionally connected with a promotion.
- One entry per person is permitted.
- No purchase is necessary to enter and complete the Activity.
- There will be one winner from each draw.
- One winner for each draw will be chosen within 14 days of the closure of the Activity.
- The winner(s) will be chosen at random from all valid entries by way of a computer program programmed to choose winners at random.
- Entries received will only be included in the draw for the Activity you have participated in.
- The winner of each prize will be the first valid entry drawn in each prize draw.
- The winners will be notified by telephone or e-mail within seven days of each draw date.
- The winners will have twenty one days in which to confirm their success, otherwise a different winner will be chosen.
- The prizes will be as stated for the Activity you have participated in.
- The winners will receive their prize within fourteen days of confirming their success.
- The name and basic relevant non-identifying details of the winners will be made available within one week of each draw to any person who sends a SAE headed "Red Brick Prize Draw winners," to Red Brick Research, The Warehouse, Hill St, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2BY.
- Red Brick and associated promoters accept no responsibility for entries that are lost or delayed for any reason.
- The prizes are not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Entry into the prize draw is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Red Brick’s decision on any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Red Brick reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Red Brick reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of the same or higher value, where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The winner may be asked, but is not obliged, to take part in publicity associated with and Activity or promotion.
- Personal details you have provided, such as your name, will only be used for the administration of the prize draw or any related legal requirements.
You may be able to earn extra Credit (if you are a Panel Member) or additional chances to win prizes, by referring friends and family to a Red Brick Panel or Activity, provided they join or participate using your unique Referral Link. The conditions attached to the awarding of such extra Credit will be explained when you are invited to make referrals. When referring, you agree to not pose as or claim to represent Red Brick and you will not attempt to mislead or deceive prospective Panel Members or Activity participants into using your Referral Link. You agree to make it clear to any prospective members or participants you refer that they will be using your unique Referral Link and that you will receive Credit if they join the Red Brick panel or participate in the Activity via your Referral Link.
Use of the Red Brick web pages and participation in Red Brick Activities or Red Brick Panels may allow you to interact with, or submit content to us which may be visible to other users of the Red Brick web pages ("User Content").
You acknowledge that User Content provided by you is your sole responsibility. This means that you, and not Red Brick, are entirely responsible for all User Content you upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit via your use of the Red Brick web pages or your participation in any of the Red Brick Activities or Red Brick Panels.
Red Brick does not control or pre-screen the User Content posted on the web pages and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such User Content, and therefore assumes no liability in respect of the User Content.
You understand that by using the Red Brick web pages, you may be exposed to User Content, and you agree that you must evaluate, and bear, all risks associated with the use of any User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness, or usefulness. Notwithstanding the foregoing Red Brick shall have the right in their sole discretion to refuse, edit, move or remove any such User Content, whether or not it violates these Terms.
With respect to all User Content you elect to transmit to the Red Brick web pages, you grant Red Brick the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence (with the right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, publish, translate, create derivative works from, perform and display such User Content (in whole or part) throughout the world and / or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purposes.
In the course of using the Red Brick web pages and / or participating in Red Brick Activities or Red Brick Panels, you agree not to:
- Upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit any information that is unlawful in any way in the United Kingdom, or in the country in which you reside;
- Impersonate any person (whether living or dead) or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identities in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Red Brick web pages or provided through participation in Red Brick Activities or Red Brick Panels;
- Upload, post, link to, or otherwise transmit any information that you do not have a right to transmit;
- Upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "chain letters", "phishing emails", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Collect or store personal data about other individuals; or
- Attempt to submit more than one entry per survey or do any other act that may affect the validity of any result obtained through any Red Brick Activity or Red Brick Panel.
A waiver by Red Brick of any breach by you of any of the provisions of these Terms or the acquiescence of Red Brick to any act (whether of commission or omission) which but for such acquiescence would be a breach as aforesaid shall not constitute a general waiver of such provision or of any subsequent act contrary thereto.
A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right under these Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, any legislation in any relevant jurisdiction giving rights to third parties is hereby excluded.
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Red Brick Research Ltd (a company registered in England and Wales with company number 12823861 whose registered office is at 7 Bell Yard, London, England, WC2A 2JR) and its group companies (hereafter referred to as “Red Brick”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We may collect and process the following data about you (“your information”):
- contact details including your name, address, email address and telephone number;
- information you provide when participating in specific Red Brick polls, panels or other forms of Red Brick activity is completely voluntary and may involve you providing sensitive personal data including information about your race, political opinions, trade union membership, health and/or criminal convictions;
- information you provide when you complete your profile on the website or access your social media content via the website;
- information you provide relating to your opinions, attitudes, experiences and use of certain products or services; and
- your bank account details (if you win a prize draw or are entitled to receive an incentive from us).
We may collect your information via the following methods:
- information that you submit online via our site by registering with the Red Brick Panel or participating in Red Brick activities or polls;
- any correspondence you send to us;
- details of your visits to our site (and third party websites which link to our site) and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things: traffic data and communication data);
- information you post on our site;
- details of transactions you carry out or orders you place through our site; and
- information you provide to us via social media or through your social media feed.
We are aware that your information may be confidential and we will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements. We will not use it for any purposes other than those set out in this policy.
We will process your information in accordance with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Market Research Society Code of Conduct.
We use your information in the following ways:
- to provide services to our clients (please also see section below headed “Who do we share your information with”);
- to analyse the data for research purposes and to incorporate it into our databases for general research and analysis purposes;
- to ensure that our site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you;
- to deal with any complaints, queries or technical problems you experience;
- for our internal purposes, such as quality control, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of our site and its efficiency, so that we can provide you with enhanced services and a better experience;
- to notify you about changes to our services or changes which may affect your participation in Red Brick activities;
- to provide you with information, research products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you;
- to provide you with Red Brick research results;
- to create reports to assist with future marketing;
- to send you invitations to take part in our surveys, polls or activities and to update you on issues relating to those activities;
- to notify you if you win one of our prize draws; and
- to enable us to issue prizes, payments or rewards to you.
We may monitor your use of our site and record your email address and/or IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
As is true of most digital services, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We also collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This may include which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like most digital services today, we keep digital log files that record data each time a device accesses our servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address. If you arrive at a Red Brick service from an external source (such as a link on another website or contained in an email), we may use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyse trends, administer the site, track users, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We also may use web beacons to collect non-personal information about the use of our services. The information collected by web beacons allows us to monitor how many people are using our services, how many people open our e-mails, and determine for what purposes these actions are being taken. Our web beacons are not used to track activity outside of our services. We do not link non-personal information from web beacons to personally identifiable information without permission and do not use web beacons to collect or store personally identifiable Information.
Your personal information is stored and processed on secure servers hosted inside the United Kingdom.
Other, non-personal information may be stored, processed and transferred anywhere in the world.
We may share your information with any companies in our group and other branches of Red Brick for internal reporting purposes.
We may share your information with other organisations:
- who provide services to us so that they can provide the services we request. This might include IT service providers who support our IT systems, for example;
- who we provide services to so that they can benefit from the services we provide. Whilst we will, where possible, take steps to ensure that you cannot be identified from that information, as we cannot ever fully understand what information our clients may already hold about you, it may be that they can link the anonymous information that we provide, to other information which then enables them to identify you.
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, (as we may share your data with the prospective seller or buyer);
- if we or substantially all of our company assets are acquired by another party, in which case your information will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we have to share your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements (or we reasonably believe that we need to disclose your information for such purposes), or if we have to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use or any other terms and conditions or agreements or to protect our rights, property or our customers etc.
Other than as listed above, we will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your information without your consent.
Please bear in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal data online - for example on message boards, on a blog or chat area - that information will be viewed by others.
All your information is stored on secure servers that are owned or leased by us.
Any payment transactions will be made via BACS or PayPal or other secure payment method.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites. Please also see our Terms and Conditions of Use for further provisions relating to other websites.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or other device to allow a website to recognise you as a user when you return to the website using the same computer and web browser, either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). Other similar files work in the same way and we use the word ‘cookie’ in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
- as necessary for website operation, for example to enable you to login to your account or place an order;
- to analyse the use of the Site by, for example, recognising and counting the number of visitors and how they move around the Site. This helps us to see what parts of the site are popular and which sections need improving to make the experience better for users;
- to recognise you when you return to the Site so that content can be personalised for you, for example, by remembering your country and site preferences;
- to record your visit to the Site and the pages you have visited and links you have followed. We will use this to make the Site more relevant to your interests;
- to monitor, and permit third parties to monitor the effectiveness of advertising campaigns; and
- to enable us, and third parties, to create target segments for advertising purposes.
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by this Site (or, indeed, on any other site) you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer, as well as more general information about cookies. Please note that, as these websites are not owned or operated by Red Brick, we are not responsible for any of the content on them.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of all the features or services available on this Site.
We also use and work with a number of third party suppliers and partners who set cookies on this Site in order to deliver certain services and features. For example, we sometimes embed video content from websites such as YouTube, which set cookies on your device when you visit a page on this Site containing embedded content. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies.
Some of the emails we send to you may contain a ‘web beacon pixel’ or tracked links which allows us to identify when you have opened the email and to verify which links contained in the email you have accessed. We use this information to determine which parts of our emails are of most interest to you.
You can delete the pixel by deleting the email. If you do not wish to download the pixel to your computer or other device, you can ensure this by selecting to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
Alternatively you can unsubscribe from our mailing list by using the unsubscribe links present in all our emails.
You have the right to access, amend or have your personal information destroyed, and you should direct any request for your information to us at compliance(at)redbrickresearch.co.uk with details of your request and sufficient information to help us identify any records we may hold about you.
If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.